Sunday, July 24, 2011

New companion...

Jana Matiščiková is our friend , college who also belongs to our sect of woodfirers. She visited us couple of weeks ago with few boxes of new pots from her kiln. Among others, we find there several wonderful porcelain teacups. Very first celadon cup I have seen there really hit me and it was easy to decide- It is going to be mine! 

I like to buy pots from colegues. It is interesting to see different approaches, and feel different materials, when I use those pieces. But every time when I buy tea ware, it is somehow special for me- it is going to be part of my private moments. It doesn't have to be perfect from potters or artistic point of view. It just has to feel right and makes my tea sessions happier. And this cup works very well. 



































To make this cup, Jana has used translucent porcelain and very clear celadon glaze. There are several point about this cup which everyone notice- the light raised decoration, simple and clear shape and (when you are holding it) its lightness. Walls are very thin, but they don't feel too fragile.

 Usually when I have new cup which fits to my tea routine, I use it very often. I don’t know for how long I am going to be stock on this blue-green friend, but for now, I use it everyday…I wish to Jana many satisfied customers as I am now.  Thank you again. 









SF Nepal in the morning....
2010 Yiwu shengpu in the midle of the day...
Fresh YanCha  for afternoon...
And confoming LaoChaTou for early evening...
Thank you for reading.

4 comments:

  1. Never heard of her before, but this cup is exceptionally beautiful - simple and complicated at the same time and somehow really "gentle" and delicate. And she's from Slovakia? Wow. Thank you very much for this post, for me, it seems like a great new find in the world of pottery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece! Ideal for a tea session outside during a sunny summer day. I love the way the tea looks when light goes throught the thin porcelain walls.

    ReplyDelete